Composition & Arranging
Gary can be hired for bespoke composition, arranging and orchestration in many styles and for any ensemble. He currently charges £30 per hour. Please contact Gary for a quote.
– Arranging and orchestration fees are exclusive of typesetting fees.
– For arrangements and orchestrations of pieces still under copyright, the cost for any licence required will be added to the fee.
– All bespoke compositions and arrangements are delivered under the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives licence.
Basically, you can use the work as you see fit including for commercial purposes but may not distribute (share, use commercially etc.) any modified version of the work.
Gary is available for hire as a solo pianist for public performances and private functions. Although his specialism is jazz, he is equally at home with classical or popular music. Gary can also provide entertainment in the form of a duo (e.g. piano/vocals, piano/acoustic bass, piano/saxophone, piano/guitar etc.), trio (piano/vocals/bass, piano/bass/drums etc.), quartet, quintet or sextet and has contacts with local jazz big bands. The styles covered by the various ensembles include jazz, funk, singer-songwriter and easy listening. Minimum fee is £60 per musician. Contact Gary to discuss details.
TeachingGary has many years experience teaching with pupils ranging from 5 to 70 years old and from complete beginner to students attending various music conservatoires. Gary can offer tuition in the following areas:
- Classical Piano
- Jazz Piano
- Pop/Rock Piano
- General Music Theory
- Jazz Theory
- Arranging techniques
- Lesson fees will increase every couple of years or so, but a few months notice are given and costs will remain competitive.
- Lessons ordinarily take place at Gary’s house (Swindon), but lessons via Zoom are also available.
- Missed lessons are still chargeable unless appropriate notice is given.